Our inaugural Friday Favorites proved such a big hit, we’re back with more! Here are a few things us Napps enjoyed this week (starting with that homage to bacon above):
- Prince George Alexander Louis arrived! Seriously, how could anything else be first on this list? Congratulations to the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their precious son. I know I am not alone in my excitement. I have no shame in admitting that I spent a good portion of Monday and Tuesday with a live feed of London hospital doors on my second screen. Yes, you did read that right. She watched a video of a door…..yet she didn’t like last week’s cat video. Got to love her 🙂 While I know there are some haters out there, it was a great week for Kate Middleton fans like me.
- In our last episode, a Kevin-provided YouTube video about a sad cat proved a big hit with you readers. Continuing with the animal series, we offer this gem. Credit goes to my co-worker, Shamus for showing this to me. The over the head throw is what gets me laughing every time. This guy seems to have adapted a pretty good strategy for dealing with mangy raccoons.
- This article has been making its way around the internet lately. Some person out there with way too much time on their hands concocted this theory connecting all Pixar movies. It’s quite the read. It’s long, but worth it for any fan of the Pixar’s films.
- We’re big baseball fans here at the Napp home. Granted, considering that we root for the Chicago Cubs and the Cleveland Indians, it’s shocking we still love the game. But we do. We are watching the biopic about Jackie Robinson, 42, as I type this. We even play in a fantasy league together (where I’m three places ahead of Kevin!). Anyway, when Jimmy Fallon sent Mets pitcher Matt Harvey out onto the streets of New York to interview baseball fans, this great video was born. Seriously, everyone, if you don’t know what you’re talking about, stay away from cameras. I doubt I would be able to recognize all of my favorite athletes in street clothes either, but the guy in the Harvey jersey should be a bit ashamed.
- Speaking of baseball, the cast of one of Kevin’s childhood favorites reunited recently to celebrate 20 years since the release of their classic movie. Small’s was a no show though – “You’re Killing me Small’s”
- On a more serious note, if you have any interest in North Korean culture, you should find this article interesting. It’s a fascinating reminder that people there live in another world. Keep North Korea in your prayers. They need Jesus. How awesome would it be to see the revivals sweeping South Korea sweep across the 38th parallel.
That’s it from the Napps this week. Have a great weekend! We’re finally busting out the turkey that’s been in our freezer since post-Thanksgiving sales. Kevin will be living on turkey leftovers until August.
What are your weekend plans?